North Sikkim Tour
VALLEY OF FLOWER – ROHODODENDRON
We have specially designed the Itinerary for Northern part of Sikkim.
Best Period : Late march to April. (To see the Flowers ). October to November( For the Views )
- Day 01 : IXB/ NJP to Gangtok.Overnight at the hotels.
- Day 02 : Local Tour around Gangtok. Rumtek Monastery/ Do-Durl Stupa/ Institute of Tibetology/ Handicraft Institute/ Flower Show/ and some other view points.
- Day 03 : Tsomgo Lake tour 3750m towards Tibet Border. 2 hrs drive from Gangtok.
- Day 04 : Gangtok to Lachung. 5-6 hrs drive. Situated at North Sikkim at an altutude of 8500 ft.
- Day 05 : Lachung to Yumthang ( valley of Flowers ) back to Lachung. Yum (flower) Thang (valley). I believe yumthang, Singabha Rohododendron Sanctury is the only place in the world, where we can find 36 different colour of Rohododendron flower and some other flowers too.
- Day 06 : Lachung to Lachen. 3-4 hrs drive. Towards Opposite directions, sitituate at an altitude of 9000 ft.
- Day 07 : Lachen to Thangu to Chopta valley, and drive back to Lachen. For Indians: go up to Gurudongmar Lake 17000 ft.
- Day 08 : Lachen to Gangtok.