West Sikkim Tour
RINCHENPONG – KALUK
Suitable months : March -May, September-November
- Day 01 : Bagdogra Airport/ NJP railway station to Gangtok drive 4-5 hrs.
- Day 02 : Local Tour around Gangtok. Famous Rumtek Dharma Chakra Centre, Institute of Tibetology, Do-Durl Stupa, Handicraft Institute, Enchey Monastery, Permanent flower show.
- Day 03 : Gangtok to Tsomgo lake drive 3750m. Drive towards Tibet border. 32km from Gangtok, 2 hrs drive.
- Day 04 : Gangtok to Yuksom ,5-6 hrs drive, 1880m. Its in West Sikkim. On the way one can visit Bon monastery the only one in Sikkim, in the South Sikkim, near Robongla, a small town.
- Day 05 : Trek starts: Yuksom to Tshoka 6-7 hrs 2950m. The last settlements, only 5-6 Tibetan families live there.
- Day 06 : Tshoka to Dzongri 5-6 hrs 3950m, meeting place of man and God.
- Day 07 : Dzongri rest for acclimatization, day time walk around some of the places like, Dzongrilla pass. Towards Base Camp.
- Day 08 : Dzongri to Thangshing 5 hrs 3800m
- Day 09 : Thangshing to Samiti 3-4 hrs 4600m
- Day 10 : Samiti to Goechala Pass 5000m and back to Thangshing
- Day 11 : Thangshing to Tshoka
- Day 12 : Tshoka to Yuksom
- Day 13 : Yuksom to Pemayangtse drive, H/D sight seeing.
- Day 14 : Pemayangtse to Bagdogra Airport/ NJP railway station or Darjeeling.