Sikkimese Monastic Tour
Suitable Months : February-May, September-December
- Day 01 : Arrival at Gangtok: 4-5 hrs from the NJP Railway station or Airport.
- Day 02 : Sightseeing the Monasteries at Gangtok. Enchey Monastery/ Ngor – Gompa/ Institute of Tibetology (Museum)/ Do-Durl Stupa/ Zumrang Lingdum Monastery.
- Day 03 : Excursion to Phodong Monastery. 2-3 hrs from Gangtok. It’s the oldest monastery of Sikkim. Phodong (Kargupa order) and Labrang (Niyingmapa Order). On the way one can visit Lepcha village also.
- Day 04 : Transfer to Rumtek/Martam visit Rumtek Monastery. Rumtek , very popular all over the world. It is also known as Dharma Chakra Centre. Belongs to Kargupa Order. Over night at Martam Resort.
- Day 05 : Transfer to Pemayangtse. Drive to West Sikkim, 5 hrs from the Gangtok. On the way one can visit, Tibetan Refugee camp at Rabongla, Bon Monastery, the only one in Sikkim.
- Day 06 : Sightseeing the Monasteries of Pemayangtse and Tashiding. Visit Pemayangtse monastery, the third oldest monastery of Sikkim/ Rabdentse Ruins, the second place of the King of Sikkim. Sangachoeling Monastery, the second oldest monastery of Sikkim, Visit Kechopalri Lake (wishing Lake), and Tashiding monastery, it’s a pilgrim place for the Buddhist people.
- Day 07: Pemayantse to Yuksom, the first capital of Sikkim. Visit Dubdi Monastery the first monastery built in Sikkim. And the Coronation Throne of the First Chogyal (King) of Sikkim. Walk around the Yuksom village
- Day 08 : Transfer to Airport or extension of programme.